Resources and Links

Forms and Letters

Housing Resources

Here you can find addresses and contact information for many Worcester County organizations. 

Helpful Links

There are many organizations in Worcester County and Massachusetts that help tenants. Use the links below to find more information and assistance with housing issues. 

 Housing information

WorcesterResources.org is a community-based web site that provides detailed information about the many types of assistance available to individuals in Worcester, Massachusetts and its surrounding towns. In addition to information, WorcesterResources.org also has a checklist that you can use to see if you are eligible for public housing, subsidized housing, and rental assistance.

The Boston Tenant Coalition provides lots of information on tenant organizing. 

HUD's Renter's Kit provides a good overview of your housing rights and has links to lots of resources. 

The Massachusetts Consumer Affairs Department provides links to information relating to landlord/tenant law.

The Massachusetts Department of Public Health provides information on lead poisoning and lead notification laws. 

Legal information

The Massachusetts Legal Help Web site has legal information about housing and other areas. It also has forms that you can print and fill out. If you need help with a form, you can talk to a legal advocate

The Massachusetts Trial Court Law Library has information on Massachusetts laws and regulations.  

Finding Housing

The Mass Accessible Housing Registry is a free program that helps people with disabilities find rental housing in Massachusetts, primarily accessible and barrier-free housing.

The Citizens' Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA) helps low and moderate income people in Massachusetts find housing through a variety of programs and initiatives. 

Public housing and rental assistance

Worcester Housing Authority provides information about eligibility, services, and locations of housing developments.

Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development has a number of publications on finding affordable housing and obtaining housing assistance, including information on getting fuel assistance.

The Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless provides information on eligibility for Emergency Assistance. 

HUD's Public Housing Program explains federal public housing eligibility guidelines and application process.

Dispute resolution

The Massachusetts Housing Court Department offers extensive information about the housing court system. 

The Worcester Community Action Council offers mediation to landlords and tenants. 

Fair housing

Federal Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity provides information about federal fair housing laws.

The Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law provides links to information on fair housing rights for individuals with disabilities

Social service agencies

The Central Mass Agency on Aging has an online database that allows you to search for agencies and program listings and descriptions.

The United Way of Central Massachusetts has information on what agencies to turn to for help.

Copyright ©2004 Legal Assistance Corporation of Central Massachusetts. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy & Security Policy